Perhaps I should have called this an eclectic mix. Eclectic implies an air of sophistication while mish mash implies confusion, chaos. My tag line does begin with "random thoughts" so I think I'm on solid ground. I will add that, as of 7:30 pm Saturday, my tagline might as well have said nothing at all.

New theme: I reported yet another technical issue to the Happiness Engineers last week. It doesn't matter what it was because it wasn't a problem. I was informed that my theme had been retired – like me and was no longer functioning properly – unlike me. It seems that as the Block Editor has evolved, changes have been made rendering previously block editor compliant themes block editor recalcitrant – mine included.

I'm not sure when you last changed the theme on your blog, but that process has changed a bit. It's as intuitive as it ever was, you know, like steering your way out of a skid, but it seems to have some issues of its own. For instance. The "live preview" of my blog looked much better than my actual blog did after I applied the new theme. I'm trying not to go down the technical rabbit hole, but here's a list of surprises and the remedy:

The title and tagline of my blog were in a color that was indiscernible from the background image. The color adjustment feature did not adjust the color. I applied some custom CSS to change the color.

Similarly, the title and tagline were centered vertically. This also required some custom CSS.

Speaking of custom CSS, the elements I had previously added (my indent and separator) were not carried over. Fortunately, I had a backup.

I like the new theme, but I still have some configuration tweaks to make.

Advice: Many of the bloggers I follow include the option to share their blog posts via social media. These options (there are many) are a great way to gain exposure, and they are easy as pie (which I don't understand because making a good pie isn't particularly easy). But, as the song on Sesame Street suggested, one of these things is not like the others. I sometimes share via Facebook and Tumblr, but I'm most likely to share via Twitter.

If you're asking me to share via Facebook, the post goes live under my name and I can say whatever I want. It's easy to tag you because we are probably already friends. If I share your post via Twitter, I don't even have to know who you are – but it would be beneficial to you if my followers did. The majority of posts I try to share via Twitter are tagged with "via @wordpressdotcom" – why give WordPress credit for your hard work?

If you want your Twitter username to appear when I share your post on Twitter, follow this simple instruction:

From your Admin panel, select Tools à Marketing à Sharing Buttons and set Twitter username.

Not only will my followers see your name, but you'll also see my Tweet in your notifications. You can then re-tweet it and further increase your exposure.

Wisconsin Point: One of the interesting places we visited while in Duluth, Minnesota was a lighthouse at Wisconsin Point in Superior Wisconsin. The lighthouse is small, and it sits at the end of a long barrier made of boulders. It's not open to visitors. I decided to walk out across the boulders, until they became wetter and wetter and seemed to have slippery green stuff growing on them. Once back on dry sand, we noticed an ore boat turning into the channel. We watched as the ore boat maneuvered through the channel and up to a ore loading port. Imagine parallel parking a 1,000' (305m) Chevy. There are some pictures from this adventure in today's gallery. Note: it's a block editor gallery. If you want to read the captions, you'll have to open the slideshow by clicking on any image.