I have watched quite a few shows on Netflix recently. I'm not quite sure why I've spent so much time on the streaming site but can you blame me? Today's post is all about 5 of my recent favourites I watched on Netflix although all but 1 are not netflix owned. Regardless, I hope you enjoy!

How I Met Your Mother

How I Met Your Mother is an American Sitcom which aired from 2005 until 2014. The sitcom follows Ted Mosby, jumping from the main arch of the premise in 2030 to parts of his life as an adult in his twenties and thirties. In 2030, he's telling the very long story to his children about how he met their mother and the events that happened along the way. Other characters include Lily, Marshall, Barney and Robin, Ted's friends. I adore this sitcom. I'm currently in the process of re-watching this after watching last year and loving it so much. I'm still not keen on the ending though. If you've watched this, what do you think of the ending?

Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Brooklyn Nine-Nine is another American Sitcom. The show centres around an NYPD detective Jake Peralta in a 99th Precinct, who comes into conflict with his commanding officer, Raymond Holt. Other characters include Rosa, Terry, Amy, Charles, Gina, Hitchcock and Scully. This is a really funny sitcom, with some tense and sad moments too. A big recommend.

The Good Place

The Good Place is an American Sitcom that aired from 2016 until 2020. The initial premise of the series focuses on Eleanor Shellstrop, a woman who has died and is now in the so called Good Place. She's there because she led a good life before dying and is welcomed by the Architect of the Good Place, Michael. The only problem is she's not meant to be there. Therefore, she tries to learn to become a better person whilst hiding the fact she's not meant to be there. This is one of my all time favourite shows. The finale made me cry a whole bunch. A massive recommend from me.

The Fall

The Fall is a Crime Drama Television show that aired from 2013 until 2016. The show focuses on Stella Gibson, a senior investigating officer who reviews investigations. She is seconded to the Police Service of Northern Ireland to assess the progress of a murder investigation that has remained active for longer than 28 days. Soon it becomes apparent a serial killer is on the loose and Stella must work with local detectives to find and capture the Serial Killer. This is an absolutely incredible show that is scary, gritty and tense all the way through.

The Haunting of Hill House

The Haunting of Hill House is a horror series on Netflix. The plot alternates between two timelines, following five adult siblings whose paranormal experiences at Hill House (the house they lived in when they were younger) continue to haunt them in the present day, and flashbacks depicting events leading up to the eventful night in 1992 when the family fled from the mansion. This is heartbreaking and terrifying all in one. There are a few jump scares so be careful but they're really well executed so I don't mind.

Thank you for reading! What are your recent favourites? Let me know!

Love Beth

X


This post is ad-supported