Today's Bible Reading- Numbers Chapters 5-7.
February's Memory Verse- Isaiah 43:1-3.
Good morning, my friends. I hope you're well. Our forecast for today: 65°, sunny, no rain, winds are calm, and humidity is sitting at 85%. It's also a bit polleny. Is that a word? I'd like to make it a word. I can feel my sinuses just filling up with goop.
Yesterday, I spent most of the day working on a menu, getting a grocery list together, and then having a bit of lunch. Then, in the early afternoon, I finally got my shower and got ready for the day. I was getting ready to head to the grocery store when I got a text. I'm the executive committeeman for my voting precinct, and my county chapter of the Republican party was having a bit of an impromptu meeting. The meeting was at 5:00 at a little restaurant. They asked me to try to be there. Okay. I looked at the clock. First thought in my head: Where's the restaurant at? I looked it up. Second thought: Ain't no way.
The restaurant was about 45 minutes from my house. Not a problem, but I didn't have time to go to the grocery store. I had to start supper right around 3-something. There wouldn't be time to make what I'd planned for Valentine's. Hmm. Okay. Mom didn't really want me to go to the meeting, but I felt like I needed to be there. So, I quickly made supper (ginger chicken and rice), put my hair in a braid (it'd been in a messy bun all day), and headed out.
Got in the car and saw I didn't have a lot of gas in the car. Enough to get me to the restaurant, but not back home. I decided to deal with that later. I got to the restaurant, ordered a salad (which was delicious), and the meeting began. It was casual. It was a great time, and very informal. I'm glad I went. It lasted till almost 8:00, and then I headed home. Well, I headed to what I thought was going to be a Flying J. It was not. It was a Pilot and I missed my turn for it. I kept driving for a bit and came across a Spinx and decided to fill up there. I could've gone to a QuikTrip across the street, but the traffic was heavy enough that I couldn't get over. Oh my word. Over $30 to fill my car up. Used to cost about $12. My car was pretty empty.
I made it home safely, yakked with my parents a bit. Munched on the absolutely delicious banana pudding I'd gotten at the restaurant, and eventually got ready to go to bed.
Today, I've put half my laundry away. Mostly due to needing to sit in my computer chair. The bed is made. The grocery list is already done, so that's my big agenda today: Groceries. I was supposed to have ginger chicken tonight, but I don't know. Hmm. Mom and Pop did have leftovers, but I'm unsure of how much there was. If it's not a lot, I could potentially have it for lunch. I need to rearrange my menu. If there's enough for leftovers, I could do that. We'll see.
I have some laundry in the dryer, and I have another load that needs done. My flip flops need washed. I have these flip flops I bought a few years ago. They were pricey. Skechers. They're those ArchFit kind. Very comfy. Anyhoo. I was making chili dogs on Sunday, and when I was taking the hot dog packaging to the trash can, the juice in the package came out and went all over my pants and my feet and my flip flops. Ew. I wiped up what I could, but they smell like brine now. I'm gonna toss them in the wash and then let them air dry for a day or two.
Also, I'm loving this sunny weather! I hope it sticks around for Saturday because I'd like to get the yard mowed. It needs it.
That's all I have for now, peeps. Love you all and until next time stay safe my friends. ❤
No comments:
Post a Comment