
PINK (who dyed her feathers for the party)
I'm chicklet Pink
pink is my favorite color
I like blue too
but I like pink the best
it might clash with my beak
but I don't care
because pink is the color
of softness and joy
it's perfect for Valentine's Day
because it's really just faded red
thank you
BEBE
I'm chicklet Bebe
sounds like bee bee
like a bumble bee
anyway
here's my poem
there's something wrong
with humans
they can't see beauty
and many have no hearts
they kill and destroy
everything that lives
they are greedy
and power hungry
they don't care about anyone
but themselves
and I'm so glad
I'm not one of them
thank you
Billy
I'm chicklet Billy
I love every time the sun comes up
because I know it's a new day
and I'll have fun with my friends
family and the guests who stop by
there's always a lot of peeps
and chirps going on
and wing flaps too
because everyone here is happy
I love our Committee meetings
and parties
I love the horses and goats
the cats and dogs
I love everyone and that's why
I'm happy when it's morning
because I can feel the happiness
and when I'm asleep I can't
thank you
HELEN
I'm chicklet Helen
I love the sun
I mean the rain is nice too
if it rains at night
or once in a while
during the day
but I don't really like mud
because I get all dirty
and my claws get weird
and my feathers turn an icky color
and it's just a big mess
I also love knowing that I'm safe
and no humans
will kill and eat me for dinner
because I live in an alternate reality
so I don't have to worry about that
even if I worry about the chicklets who
don't live here
I know we rescue as many as we can
but we are unable to save them all
so I have a hole in my heart for them
and the sun keeps me warm
but it doesn't reach that spot
thank you
ALICE
I'm chicklet Alice
and I think
it's funny because there's
there's a story called
Alice in Wonderland
and in the story
there is a White Rabbit
and I live with white rabbits
and warming bunnies
so that seems really odd to me
because I'm not that Alice
but we do have things in common
don't you agree
humans need to boycott
everything that makes money for
the bad people
and I like Pink's hair
I don't think it clashes with her beak at all
she's very pretty
and she can sing too
thank you
Holly
the Great Poet
has been gracious enough
to give workshops to the
Poetry Club
so
LOVE AND GRATITUDE
wing flaps
and peeps
to Holly
No comments:
Post a Comment