To prepare for me going back to work, I made a bunch of meals that we could just throw in the crockpot and go. One of our favorites has been these Hawaiian chicken sliders. It's also fantastic on rice or on top of salad.
Ingredients for chicken:
2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 yellow onion diced
1 bell pepper diced
1 can pineapple with juice
1 tbs coconut oil
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 clove garlic diced
Ingredients for sliders (in addition to chicken above):
1 package of Hawaiian rolls
Sliced cheese (I use pepper jack)
1/4 cup honey mustard
Ingredients for rice stir fry (in addition to chicken above):
1 cup jasmine rice
2 diced green onions
1 tbs lime juice
Ingredients for salad (in addition to chicken above):
Salad
For the chicken, I combined everything in the crockpot and cooked on low for 8 hours and shred the chicken.
To make the sliders:
Preheat the oven to 350°F
I cut the Hawaiian bread in half. On one side I brushed on the honey mustard, then spooned the cooked shredded chicken onto that half of the slider. I then topped the chicken with cheese slices and other half of bread. That went into the oven for 15 minutes before we greedily dig in.
To make the rice:
Cook one cup of rice in a pan with two cups of water. Once rice is cooked, stir in lime juice and diced green onions. Mix in chicken.
No matter how you eat it, it's a winning dinner at our place!
No comments:
Post a Comment