When I was 17, our church hosted a photographer for family photos to update the church directory. My mom's handwriting held our family's date and time on the kitchen calendar. My mom told me that pictures would be taken on Thursday afternoon and that I needed to be ready to go. I made sure to take off work that day so I could be ready for our directory photo.
I picked out a semi-casual outfit, one I had also used for my senior pictures. When it was time to head to church for the photo session, I got in the back seat of the car---the only place I was ever allowed to sit. I don't recall my dad and three brothers being at home when we left, so I guessed they would meet us there. The 20-minute drive to church seemed "normal." My mom didn't talk to me, and I didn't dare say a word to her.
No comments:
Post a Comment