Lifestyle Sports

Thursday, May 5, 2022

[New post] Hitman, Chapter 8

Site logo image hitandrun1964 posted: ""Are you saying that they weren't our real parents, or just that they had a hidden past, or agenda?" "This is truly delicious," he said, taking another helping of pasta. "Glad you like it, but answer the question." "I don't think they were our re"

Hitman, Chapter 8

hitandrun1964

May 5

"Are you saying that they weren't our real parents, or just that they had a hidden past, or agenda?"

"This is truly delicious," he said, taking another helping of pasta.

"Glad you like it, but answer the question."

"I don't think they were our real parents.  And, if Li Li is right, we aren't the only two.  Not by a long shot.  How'd you do Noonan?"

"In line in a coffee shop.  I told you I was good with knives.  How'd you do the Freak?"

"Double tapped him while he was at lunch."

"It's nice being able to talk about our work," she said, pushing a lettuce leaf through the salad dressing.

"Li said she doesn't know the full story of what's behind the curtain.  She doesn't know the main players.  Besides me, she's only put our tattoo one other man and woman.  Both were teens when she did them."

"Do you want me to check with the artist who did mine?"

"Yes.  We might get additional information."

She nodded.  "I'll give him a call."

The cat was busy breaking in the new bed that he had only partially extracted from the bag.

"What?" she asked. "Why are you staring at me?"

"Li said that she used a special ink for my tattoos.  They were delivered by a regular carrier, so she never saw anyone."

"Why would she get involved in something so clandestine?"

"She said it was a long time ago.  I was just a kid who was sent to her."

"That doesn't make sense."

"She did try and talk me out of it," he said.  "She told me I was too young, and maybe I should just get a tiger on my arm."

"My guy didn't do that," she said.  "I was walking by his shop and he came outside and said he just drew a new design and wanted to try it out.  He said it would be free of charge.  I was under age, but he didn't seem to care, so I went inside with him."

"I asked Li why our parents were exactly the same and she said she thought they all were."

"How is that even possible?"

"I believe Li Li is immortal, or as close to it as anyone can get.  I'm wondering if we are as well."

"Seriously?" she said, her eyes wide.

"Haven't there been times when you should have died?"

"Well, sure," she said, leaning back in her chair.  "In our line of work that's bound to happen once in awhile, no matter how good we are."

He just sat there looking at her.

"Oh," she said.  "I should have died, but I didn't, is that what you'e saying?  What do you think would happen if we stopped doing our jobs?"

"I'd like to find out.  How about you?"

"I have homemade pie for dessert."

"Ice cream?"

"Of course."

"Let's have it later," he said, holding out his hand.

The cat sighed and crawled inside the bag and dug through the toys.

 

 

Comment
Like
Tip icon image You can also reply to this email to leave a comment.

Unsubscribe to no longer receive posts from Rethinking Life.
Change your email settings at manage subscriptions.

Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
https://gigisrantsandraves.wordpress.com

Powered by WordPress.com
Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play
at May 05, 2022
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Latest from Food Politics: Industry-funded study of the week: Ashwagandha supplements

Here’s how I learned about this one: KSM-66 ashwagandha may support cognition and sleep in children: Supplementation with KSM-66 ashwagand...

  • [New post] Listen
    LuciD posted: " The first duty of love is to listen. ~Paul Tillich " Respond to this p...
  • A Wishlist!
    It is our personal diary where all our wishes are written down. A Wishlist i...
  • Listen
    ...

Search This Blog

  • Home

About Me

Lifestyle Sports Return
View my complete profile

Report Abuse

Blog Archive

  • July 2026 (28)
  • June 2026 (41)
  • May 2026 (48)
  • April 2026 (45)
  • March 2026 (49)
  • February 2026 (45)
  • January 2026 (49)
  • December 2025 (50)
  • November 2025 (45)
  • October 2025 (48)
  • September 2025 (49)
  • August 2025 (51)
  • July 2025 (56)
  • June 2025 (45)
  • May 2025 (30)
  • April 2025 (32)
  • March 2025 (31)
  • February 2025 (25)
  • January 2025 (27)
  • December 2024 (26)
  • November 2024 (28)
  • October 2024 (29)
  • September 2024 (1602)
  • August 2024 (1542)
  • July 2024 (1563)
  • June 2024 (1584)
  • May 2024 (1696)
  • April 2024 (1567)
  • March 2024 (1976)
  • February 2024 (1977)
  • January 2024 (2065)
  • December 2023 (1865)
  • November 2023 (1376)
  • October 2023 (1078)
  • September 2023 (800)
  • August 2023 (689)
  • July 2023 (662)
  • June 2023 (650)
  • May 2023 (706)
  • April 2023 (614)
  • March 2023 (615)
  • February 2023 (582)
  • January 2023 (673)
  • December 2022 (639)
  • November 2022 (575)
  • October 2022 (576)
  • September 2022 (530)
  • August 2022 (598)
  • July 2022 (807)
  • June 2022 (985)
  • May 2022 (988)
  • April 2022 (926)
  • March 2022 (551)
  • February 2022 (426)
  • January 2022 (450)
  • December 2021 (946)
  • November 2021 (2978)
  • October 2021 (3085)
  • September 2021 (3021)
  • August 2021 (3025)
  • July 2021 (3182)
  • June 2021 (3125)
  • May 2021 (296)
Powered by Blogger.