Ten thousand angels flutter poplar wings
rustling. Crickets and cicadas sing.
I'm saying long goodbyes. The lake I love
will soon be just a memory. Above

bald eagle spirals through the rising sun.
Two snowy egrets startle. Feathered ones
and a hallelujah chorus tingle
me to high alert. Raw power singles

out heart open, I receive. I don't know
where my next scrumptious meal is found and so
I'm present. Behind me, wealthy, urbane
dismiss the lavish gifts that nature's lain

at the doorstep so soon to disappear.
All my worldly possessions boxed, it's clear
the mainstream cannot hold me. I am free.
Stand in my sovereign power, homeless, see

the songs of angels have priority.
I choose what I shall carry.
Imagination unreined is the key
in which I sing, create reality.

Inspired by: Scrumptious, Goodbye and Urbane.

Featured image: It was too dark to capture the bald eagle and the egrets, but this vulture glided over head just before I hit publish. Thanks, Mother Nature, for a spectacular sunrise.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more