Good afternoon readers! Last week my lovely Editor and I attended an early AMC screening of Copshop, an action thriller starring Gerald Butler, Frank Grillo, and Alexis Louder.

Frank Grillo plays Teddy, who is a shady businessman that has gotten himself into a lot of trouble and is on the run in Nevada. Teddy is on the run because two contract killers are coming after him to collect the bounty on his head. One of those hitmen is Gerald Butler. Teddy decides the best way to get protection is to assault Officer Young (Alexis Louder) and get himself locked up. Young discerns that there is more to Teddy's story that he is telling and that he isn't as innocent as he makes himself seem. When Bob (Butler) and the other hitman show up to the police station it gets crazy! Bullets and blood galore!! I enjoyed the tense moments and the cheeky humor. I'm a fan of Butler and Grillo so it was cool to see them on screen together. Their interactions are funny. Alexis Louder is the standout though. She goes hard as Officer Young and held her own up against the tough guys! The thrills were solid for the most part. There was a couple of scenes that I thought were "ehh" but overall it was a good time. The film gave me Smokin' Aces vibes. I kept thinking that in my head as I was watching. When I checked the credits I found out that Joe Carnahan directed both films so that made sense. If you are a fan of the cast members and you like action thrillers I recommend checking out Copshop. Early showings start tomorrow night and it hits theaters everywhere Friday. If you have theaters open in your area it's a good flick to see on a discount day or a matinee.

Check my live review here: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CTlRWApD6xR/

CHEERS!
Migs Rodriguez


This post is ad-supported