Our Champions League journey begins with a huge clash against AC Milan. Both clubs are true European Royalty and the start of the campaign is always key to lay down a marker for the rest of the teams.

Paul has done a fantastic preview of the game which you can read here: https://liverpoolfchqblog.wordpress.com/2021/09/14/liverpool-fc-ac-milan-the-clash-of-two-titans/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Prediction: Liverpool 2 - 1 AC Milan. A packed Anfield on a European night is the best atmosphere in world football. Our players will rise to the occasion and get our campaign off to a winning start.

Onto the Starting Line Ups:

I have kept my team pretty consistent following the performance at Leeds on Sunday. My only change would be Henderson starting instead of the injured Harvey Elliott. There is concern over Van Dijk and Matip playing so many games but they can handle it and will get a rest next week in the league cup.

Christian says: 'One of my biggest memories of Liverpool is the comeback against Milan in 2005 what a game that was and what a team they had back then. We are huge favourites and besides Alisson I think we will see a lot of changes for this game ….I take a big gamble in this line up for sure but I would have gone for it at this stage of the season if we win with this team then come fresh to the Palace game get another three points I would be more than pleased with this week .. Thank god the Champions League is back..COYR.'

Joe's Team features one change to the team I have selected with Konate making his competitive debut for the club in place of Matip.

Paul says: 'I see a couple of changes with Konate getting his first start for the Reds. Thiago has to continue after his masterclass against Leeds, and I think he will partner Hendo and Keita. Big game, big result needed.'

There you have it folks, our starting line up predictions, let us know what you think and enjoy the game.

Come on Redmen! Allez, Allez, Allez!!

By Anton Clarke