Late morning, 11 September

It was a week of highs and lows, all told:

  • I/we were able to see several friends and family members
  • I spent a few hours tidying up in the front garden
  • I was extremely emotional on Saturday*
  • The Brainy One and I stayed up late to watch Emma win the US Open.
  • The Boy and I returned to the cinema for the first time since February 2020 - we saw the superb Jennifer Hudson in the excellent Respect**

*You might like these posts - Come From Away and On This Day | Where Were You?

** The Boy wanted to see Respect, so I booked the first screening of the day - 10.30 am. Apart from one other couple, we were the only punters, which made for a perfect return to watching new-release films in the company of strangers.

Funny thing: the couple arrived after us, looked at their tickets and sat themselves down in the seats next-but-one to The Boy. I said, "You've got to be kidding me!" We moved across the aisle and they eventually moved lower down the rows into the VIP seating. 🙂