Cat, Pet, Animal, Tabby Cat

"Okay, how about this," he said.

"You're not still thinking about getting free cat food, are you?"

"What if we ALL go with you..."

"No.  That wouldn't get us anything but a call to animal control."

"Some of the cats are small.  You could burrito wrap them in a baby blanket and...."

"Nothing we do, will get us free cat food.  And even if someone was generous enough to donate a few cans or bags, they couldn't keep it up.  You all need food everyday."

"You think people would give us food, just so they could have us around."

"It doesn't work that way," she said, giving him treats.

"You could catch wild hamsters and they wouldn't cost a cent."

"I'll ignore that."

"It's still a good idea."

"It's a terrible idea and there are no wild hamsters anywhere near here."

"What about chipmunks and squirrels?"

"Ack!"

"Fine," he sighed.  "Do it your way."

"My way is the only way, in this society.  Everything is about money."

"I know what you're saying, but that's what's wrong with your species.  You've forgotten, or never really knew, what's important in life."

"Believe me, I know that."

"Other species don't hate.  We might fight, because we are instinctively territorial, but we don't hold grudges, or try to get back at anyone.  We don't hate each other or anyone else.  You're the only ones who do that."

"Thank you for the philosophy lesson."

"It's true."

"I know."

"But we do know how to love."

"So you don't just want me here because I bring food?"

"I'd be lying if I said that wasn't part of it.  But there's more to it than that.  I enjoy our conversations, the pets and kisses too."

"Really?"

He rolled onto his side.  "I've gotten used to you."

She chuckled.  "Thanks."

"You're welcome.  Cats don't befriend just anyone, you know."

"Yes, I know that."

"That makes you special.  Trust is a hard thing to come by and we trust you."

She sniffed.

"Why are your eyes all wet?"

"Allergies."

He nodded.  "I think you're just happy that we all care about you, but I'll go with allergies, if that's what you want me to do."

She bent over and kissed his face, over and over again.

"Okay, okay, that's enough," he said, putting is paw on her face.

"I'll see you tomorrow," she said.  "Say hello to Jinx for me."

"I will," he said.  "Be careful crossing the street."