Unknown: Juve, why don't you want him?

Juve: He's surplus to requirements

Unknown: PSG, why don't you want him?

PSG: we already have the G.O.A.T

Unknown: Real, what about you?

Real: We are looking to the future, not the past

Unknown: Man city, you?

Man city: We like to waste money but not like that.

Unknown: united?

United: Bring him on, it's a fair deal.


There is no way we spent over 10 years arguing or debating Ronaldo is better than Lionel Messi, just for Ronaldo to beg Man city to sign him.

Do you even know how hard is to explain to someone that a player is a better footballer than Messi and stay serious?

I don't usually write football but this whole event has got me thinking.

I am a Messi fan despite I am no fan of football. Messi is just amazingly glorious. And ronaldo? I think he's no match for Messi.

Firmino is a better footballer than Ronaldo. Don't get me wrong. Ronaldo has obviously had a better career and he is one of the greatest of all footballers. But I think he simply lacks the inbuilt talent as a footballer. Everything he is today can be attributed to his teams and training. I think firmino is better because he can handle a much better heat as a footballer than Ronaldo. I mean, if he was so good, why did city reject him?

In 2012, Perez described ronaldo as an imbecile. No, that is really funny. He also described him as a spoiled guy with full ego. Same thing I believe.

It's hilarious that we are talking about a lot of money in image rights.

The romance isn't dead
It probably isn't going to work out. It's a huge amount of wages on a player we don't need in an area of the pitch that isn't in dire need of fixing. Signing Ronaldo could also be a stumbling block United have placed in their own way when it comes to financing a move for an actual midfielder.

But I don't care. This is better. Football is about romance, blind denial and not listening to logic and reasonable arguments. If you're a United fan and aren't excited or an opposition fan who doesn't "get it" you're doing football wrong.

Mixed feelings
I have mixed feelings about the, now announced, Ronaldo deal.

United are pretty well stocked with quality up front, do they really need him, does this divert funds that could've been invested in a quality midfielder, etc.

And yeah, how is PSG going to be in the next two years? I literally don't know.

If you are a football fan, you can let us know what you think about this trend. Is Ronaldo truly the GOAT?


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more