Twenty years old Kofi Sarfo has finally regained his freedom from Kumasi Central Prisons after a clergyman and innovator, Apostle Kwadwo Safo paid for all his court fines which reason he was languishing in jail.

Kofi Sarfo was sentenced to 16 months in prison by a Kumasi court after he failed to pay an amount GHC1,200 for stealing  a vehicle long shaft he later sold to scrap dealers

In all about 20 inmates were freed from Kumasi Central Prisons following the intervention of Apostle Kwadwo Safo after he paid their fines in commemoration of 73rd birthday

An elated Kofi Sarfo speaking in an interview with Pure Fm's Osei Kwadwo after his release said "I stole the vehicle long shaft to get money to buy food because I was hungry at that time but I was arrested on my way to sell it to scrap dealers and I was processed before the court"

"At court, I was fined GHC1, 200 or in default spend 16 months in prison but because I couldn't get the money I was sentenced" he tearfully recounted.

"I have already spent 3 months in prison but because of the intervention of Apostle Kwadwo Safo, I'm going home today. I couldn't sleep last night when they told me I will go home today because Apostle Kwadwo Safo has paid my fine. Prison is hell and I'm urging the youth to stay away from bad behavior which can lead them to prison". He advised.

"I have learnt serious lessons and I will never engage in any act which will bring me here again. I'm going to work hard so I can get money to buy food when I'm hungry", the freed convict added.

Source:MyNewsGh.com/2021


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more