Today's Bible Reading- Psalm Chapters 132-138 & 1 Corinthians Chapters 8-9.

Good morning, my friends. I hope you're well. I apologize for the long Bible reading today. I had a bit of a mind toot! I thought I'd written yesterday, but I guess I hadn't. I'm sorry. As I've said in the past, you can spread this out over today, and since Sunday is tomorrow, you could read some tomorrow! 🥴. I do feel bad, though. I really thought I'd written.

We had some rain move in last night, but it was late. I'm not sure if it actually rained. We did have lightning though. Today's weather is going to be a high of 89° with a 10% chance of rain.

I'm kind of glad for the lower temperature. I really need to spread the Sevin granules across the lawn. The army worm infestation is ridiculous. I have never seen anything like this, and I'm 34 years old. My mom told my dad about it, and he remembers something like this one other time. I'm not too worried about the grass. It can grow back, but army worms can kill trees, and we have some beautiful ones. We have an oak, a maple, a Japanese maple (one of my aunts was killed by a drunk driver and my parents planted this one in her memory), and a dogwood. I would hate for those nasty little worms to kill those trees. I know I could plant more, but these have sentimental value.

I digress. I need one more bag of Sevin granules to do the entire lawn, but the major infestation is the front yard, so I may just do that before I get the next bag. The only tree in our back yard is a Bradford pear, and we actually want to get rid of that. Also, the back yard grows like a jungle, so I may let the worms thin it out a little. Thank the Lord my garden is done! They'd go after that as well.

I'm a bit sapped in energy today, so I think I'm going to work on the lawn and then work on my socks. I know Mom wants her sheets changed, too, so maybe I'll get those done before I work on the lawn.

That's about all I have for today, folks. If you're in the path of Hurricane Ida, I'd check out Weatherman Plus on YouTube. He broke his Sabbath last night to post a video about it. You know it's serious when he breaks Sabbath to put out information.

Love you all and until next time, stay safe my friends.❤


This post is ad-supported