I have been using the Block editor for well over a year. I find it annoying, but since I write my posts in Microsoft Word, the annoyance is minimal. On the other hand, most of my posts include more than a few photos. The gallery options in the Block Editor have proven to be less than acceptable. I've tried, but they either don't show up in the preview, or the captions are a mess, or the captions aren't anywhere to be found. So, I've continued to use a Classic Block in which to create the tiled mosaic gallery I prefer.

It seems that holding onto that option may be untenable.

Three times this summer, I've had to switch to a different kind of block – after my post has gone live – because the gallery in the classic block has failed to work as advertised. The most recent time was last Thursday. The captions on my doors were not readable when I stepped into the slideshow (technically called the carousel). The option I switched to is the one where the captions are plastered on top of the thumbnail images and those images are all the same size – not my favorite.

The option I want to use is the new mosaic gallery. That's the one that doesn't show up when I press the preview option. If in fact that option does work, you will see two galleries today. They will be similar, if not identical. If the new gallery works, I may switch to it, if the Happiness Engineers can fix the preview feature. How long could that take? Haha, I slay me…