Billy Reid Goes the Extra Mile to Make Menswear in America | The Manual

My friends, we've once again got lots to cover in today's Friday Read, starting first and foremost with the answer to a pressing question on everyone's mind: What am I going to wear this upcoming season, and how should I get dressed for fall? Really, that's two questions, but the answer remains the same. I'd strongly urge you to consider shopping Billy Reid's new arrivals, a masterfully executed selection of the best fall menswear designed in a way that only one of the country's best menswear designers can pull off. Now, it's not nearly cold enough yet to wear, say, the classic Billy Reid Bond Peacoat, but it'll be here before you know it. In the meantime, stock up on some refined new arrivals at Billy Reid for fall concerts, Oktoberfest beers and plenty more.

Get ready for fall with Billy Reid menswear

Shop fall style essentials right now

All of those style staples look pretty good to me, although it's just a bit hot still in Michigan (where I happen to be this weekend for a wedding!). I'll actually be wearing my Buck Mason Carry-On Suit for the festivities outside of Grand Rapids (congrats, Alyssa and Pat!), but again, I can't wait to work some more fall-minded pieces into my wardrobe once September hits and I return to NYC. In the spirit of planning ahead, I'll direct you to a few more fall-centric reading and shopping picks in the rest of today's Friday Read below. I'll also direct you to subscribe to my music-menswear-craft beer newsletter, The Style Guide In Brief, which publishes again tomorrow. Cheers and thanks for reading!

Rhone Brand Review 2021: Our Go-To Luxury Athleisure Brand
  • Who doesn't love one of the best weekend menswear sales, ehh? And this one is both stellar and won't be around forever: Shop the Rhone End-of-Season Sale now through August 29th to get up to 50 percent off on a whole range of the brand's active and performance menswear, including stretch polos, stylish stretch shorts, workout gear and more for the guy on the go. They've even dialed things down by categories, from Office apparel to running gear and more. Don't miss out on one of the best menswear sales running.

Save on Rhone men's gear and apparel now

Shop the best weekend sale this instant

  • Now, here's a suggestion for the weekend I think you'll enjoy if you read this blog on the regular. Truly, there really are certain things a guy should have at his disposal, in his arsenal of intelligence, if you will. It's an area in which I need to improve, and that's why I'm grateful for the new, updated 2021 edition of Stuff Every Man Should Know, by author Brett Cohen. He's updated his 2009 tome on the topic, which covers everything from how to hold a baby to how to stock a basic bar cart. It's fun, it's downright useful and you can get the book right now at Barnes & Noble (and elsewhere) for a highly agreeable price.
  • Fall is an optimal time to take stock of the gear you're hauling, and specifically, how exactly you happen to be hauling that gear. That's why I was pleased to see the new line of United By Blue workwear bags and totes, launched earlier this week and made from 100 percent organic cotton. These everyday carry bags are rugged, durable and well-made, to say the very least. Use them for seasonal road trips or fall projects, day in and day out. I personally love the Workwear Duffle, so give that one a look before you plan that weekend getaway.
  • If the headline of this blog post is really what caught your attention -- including a reference to a certain actor in the famed BBC drama Peaky Blinders, then you're in luck. For Maxim.com, I wrote about the new Cillian Murphy campaign for Montblanc, which highlights the refined Montblanc UltraBlack Collection of essentials and everyday carry gear. Head to Maxim to give it a read yourself. Tommy Shelby definitely approves.

That's going to wrap up today's Friday Read, and I do hope we covered a bit of something for everyone, whether you really love the new Montblanc campaign with Cillian Murphy, or whether you happen to be in the market for some new everyday carry bags prior to an early fall road trip. Let me recommend one last seasonal essential, and that would be my guide to the best fall boots from Huckberry here on the blog. Happy reading and happy shopping, folks!


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more