Summer is the time for weddings. The good weather – supposedly. The warmth. The long days for dancing into the night.

Certainly, if the location is a cold stone church, better to be a summer than a winter wedding. Of course, the last year or so has been a difficult one for the wedding-industry, if one is of the sort to spend thousands or liable to get carried away.

However, this year, with weddings opening up again, it was with pleasure that I sat to make this card for a colleague.

I've had the swan stamp and die – from an RSPB-associated set of Summer birds – since my first ventures in card-making, though I've barely used them. I also have sets for Spring and Autumn birds, but have yet to find the Winter ones.

The background was a blending of VersaMagic inks, which I've discovered I prefer to the Distress Oxides, and then a strip of adhesive silver ribbon and sprinkle of pink hearts to finish it off.


This post is ad-supported