Reblogged from A Life of Virtue: Philosophy as a Way of Life:

If there is anything that I feel that I need to preserve as I grow old, it is wonder  The ability to find awe in the mundane, the seemingly bleak trenches of everyday existence  How is it that a child is to able to see the sublime in the routine?    To look at the ordinary and see what is extraordinary    To paint the world with their vivid imagination   To have boundless curiosity radiate through their being  During a walk on a cool summer morning, my attention is suspended by the rising sun piercing through the hazy clouds   Wonder emerges as I see the birds gliding through the sky, singing ecstatically  Soaring effortlessly into the horizon, they find reprieve in the towering trees  Riches, wealth and power all pale in comparison to the awe and bliss found in Nature  As I shed the veil of adulthood, I see the world once again as a child  A world of wonder   A world of infinite possibility  …
You can now listen to my poem wonder in audio form via the link in the bottom of the post