"Your testimonies are my heritage forever,
for they are the joy of my heart.
I incline my heart to perform your statutes
forever, to the end."

Psalms 119:111 — 112

My take: The psalmist 'names it and claims it'. That phrase has been abused by some and derailed unfairly by others. In its purest sense, it is powerful. He names it, 'God's testimonies' (His mighy works and character) and claims it, 'my heritage forever'. Then he emotional internalizes by making it the, 'joy of my heart'.

Then in 112 he proclaims, 'I incline my heart to perform Your statutes forever'. I love this!

in·cline verb inˈklīn/
1.feel willing or favorably disposed toward (an action, belief, or attitude).
synonyms: disposed, of a mind, willing, ready, prepared; predisposed

  1. have a tendency to do something.

First, the state of the verb incline suggests to me that its 'ongoing'. Its a continually process like a heart beating and lungs breathing and we need to internalize it until it is consistent as beating and breathing. It isnt past or present but just 'is'. He fervently wills it because he knows its right. Emotions needs to be servant of intellect and intellect under truth with the purest truth emminating from the very Creator of it. Jesus evens tells us He is truth, the essence of it.

What a powerful combination of keen intellect, fervent emotion based on essential truth that is on display here.

My prayer: Lord in the Book of 1 Peter 1:22 Your word says , "Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart". Help me do adhere and incline my heart in like manner. LORD, may this be a giant pillar in my life's mission.