Hey Everyone!

Today, was my first day at my new job. It was Company Orientation, so I wasn't actually at the physical store I will be working at, I will be doing my store orientation tomorrow.

The orientation was held at their corporate office, which comprises the top floor of an old high school. Where I am, the old high schools (that were built over 100 years ago), while having their obvious differences have certain architectural similarities. This particular old high school, while a bit older than the one I attended, is of the same era. They are both made of brick, have the same kinds of windows, staircases, and so much more. It definitely was a throwback, and reminded me of being in high school, as there were elements that had been unchanged from when it was a school.

I had left super early this morning, because I wanted to get a coffee from Dutch Bros on my way, and just in case of Traffic, and to find parking. Traffic was slow, got stuck waiting for a train, made a u turn to go a different way after more than 10 minutes of waiting, then drove around the area looking for a parking spot that wasn't in a 2 hour / permit parking zone, ended up parking 5 blocks away and walking. Made it on time though.

It was actually quicker to get home than it was getting there.

Now that I am home and settled from the day, I am actually more tired than I expected to be.

They actually had locally brewed Kombucha on tap, that they let us partake of if we wanted some. They had the wildberry ginger and superberry flavors on tap. So good. I do enjoy a good cup, bottle or can of kombucha.

I just wanted to update you all on my first day at my new job. I will update again after I have worked a couple actual night shifts.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more